Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why are we afraid…
Why am I afraid?
Control or I should say the lack thereof.
I sit here and think about how the cycle repeats itself. I also think back to my childhood. Why wasn’t I afraid when I was younger? Are all children that fearless? And now I sit here as an adult and I’m afraid because I’m at the mercy of something I have no control over. I remember a quote. Can’t really remember if it’s Buddhist or Hindu (Though if I had to guess, I’d say Buddhist.). Hell, I can’t even remember who said it. It went something like this:
“If you can do something about a problem, then don’t worry about it. If you can’t, then don’t worry about it.”
Powerful idea. But sometimes I can’t seem to grasp it and off I go hiding in the corner. What am I afraid of? Death? Even though I know it’s natural and something you can’t really avoid, sometimes I do fear it. I think a lot of people are like that. Especially when there are times when they are at the mercy of situations and they can only do so much.
I really hate being like this. Even watching movies can only distract me for so long.
I need to go and think about this some more before I become a nervous wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment