A lot of people are under the illusion that everybody else has to do what they do. Take patriotism for example. I, personally, don’t feel the need to hang a flag outside my apartment, wear a stars and stripes shirt, pins, or anything else for that matter. I’m proud to be an American and just because I don’t do what everyone else does, doesn’t mean I’m any less of one. I just do things differently.
Funerals are another example. I don’t do them. I mourn people in my own way. And just because I don’t show up to a funeral doesn’t mean I think a family member is shit. I don’t need to go to a funeral home to remember those who have passed because in a sense they’re always with me in my memories.
My way of doing things is my own choice. If you don’t like it, tough. I’m not going to change for you or anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment