I can understand shortening lengthy words if you’re texting but typing “u” or “y” instead of the full word is just being damned lazy.
Other annoying things I’ve noticed or heard about:
1. Using text language in term papers. Yes, it does happen.
2. When the boundaries between speaking and texting are blurred. Hearing dumb asses say “OMG!” and “LOL!” out loud makes me want to punch those same people in the face.
3. I’ve also noticed that very attractive individuals get away with #2 as well as never having their grammar corrected by other people (I believe that the latter refuses to criticize them due to fears that the person of their affection might ignore them if the do.).
Which leads me to this thought. How many of us as kids dreamt that the future would be flying cars and robots? I certain couldn’t imagine the shit we have to put up with now. Oh, how naïve we were!
No comments:
Post a Comment