Started working on my latest art piece today. Despite the fact that it’s still in the early stages, I’m pretty pleased with the way it’s turning out. Also, as the image slowly began to take shape, it got me thinking about the reactions it’ll garner. For some it’ll come as no surprise and for others, shock. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever done before so I’m trying my best not to fuck it up. Apart from that, I think my biggest concern it will be how it translates. Or to put it more plainly, what the individual interpretations are going to be. Art is subject to many explanations from the viewer and usually most are way off base unless the artist themselves convey the meaning. This is something I feel I’m going to have to do. Otherwise, I’ll get too many assumptions.
For right now, it’ll be a while before the piece is done and I present it. This will be done in a pen and ink format which will consume most of the time. To cut back on the time frame, I’ve decided to go with a modern ink set (Which I’ll get once I get some money scrapped together.) instead using the old school pen and ink I used to use. I just don’t trust myself with the latter and I feel I can handle the current stuff way better.
And on a completely different note…
I do appreciate any comments you guys give me on my posts but please remember to tack your name on there as well. Otherwise, I won’t know who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment