Friday, November 23, 2012

It’s the truth that our bodies will inevitably betray us. We can’t put a stop to aging (No matter what the makers of Oil of Olay or any other company peddling anti-aging products will tell you.) and we most certainly can’t avoid death. We can, however, try to take care of ourselves the best we can. When you slack off from it though, you have to pay the price. This past year, I’ve been pretty neglectful. Not only on physical state but mentally as well.

Today I decided to do something about it and delved right back into Hatha Yoga. Many years ago, I practiced this style for a year and for whatever reason quit. Since then, I would on rare occasions, do a few poses but nothing major. Recently I’ve begun to realize that I’m nowhere near the point I should be. There have been too many times where I’ve just sat around after work doing nothing but watching too much television and playing video games instead of doing something productive (Something creative for example). After much contemplation, I’m realizing that it’s easier to fall into a bad habit than trying to start a good one. So with a bit of a push, I figured I’d go back to something that used to give me balance. Something that was good for me mentally as well as physically.

I’m still worried though that I might fall back into those bad habits. After all, we all are human and to be human is to err. I’m just going to have to push myself further than I have before. Wish me luck. Methinks I’ll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment