I felt like a robot, truth be told, doing the same thing hour after hour. It was automatic. Product in hand. Product to shelve. My mind remained unfocused with images, a swirling mass of past, present, future. Where was I going? I still had no clue and this was fine. My body had taken over. I was just along for the ride. Someone had told me a joke out of the blue. It wasn't really funny at the time but I smiled anyway just to acknowledge that I heard them. No sense in being rude because I didn't want to talk. I think I just wanted to be left alone.
It was only after I got home that I truly got out of that mode. I was no longer a drone, a faceless number, or whatever crappy over used titles I was giving myself. I was me again.
Minutes later, I was on the verge of tears. A wonderful portrayal of a small brown man who listened compassionately to an older gentlemen filled with so much sorrow.
"We have nothing left."
Anything that was even remotely left of that robotic former self was shattered in an instant. Oh gods… It felt so good to be human again.
No comments:
Post a Comment