Thursday, September 26, 2013

I remember...

I remember being this skinny, socially awkward, formerly bullied kid who clung to punk/hardcore punk music because like me, it consisted of outcasts. These were people with the messages that no one wanted to hear and everyone hated for being different. There were so many emotions I felt during those times when I'd glance up at a picture of Agnostic Front with Roger Miret snarling into a microphone or hear Wattie Buchan proclaim "Ronald Reagan is a cunt." on the Troops of Tomorrow album. I mean, I really wanted to be like them; to have my own voice. And for a while I did what I could but I didn't have other people who wanted to do that type of music being that they were more interested in the regular rock, metal, and/or country vain. So there I was, some little punk kid screaming about social ills in a house located out in the boonies with no one but himself to perform for. I suppose that sounds a bit pathetic but looking back on it now, it was o.k. At least I had a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment