When I first started high school, most of the friends I had in elementary drifted off in different directions. It's nobody’s fault really. It just happens. I can remember only keeping up with a very select few. Years later, I started college and again, old friends faded away and new ones came into my life. Now here I am thinking about all this and I've come to realize that 98% of the people I hung around with in college, I don't associate with anymore. Looking back at my life, I'm surprised about the amount of friends that have come and gone. Some, like I've said before, had drifted off. Others I had simply outgrown. And there were a few who fucked me over (I've never spoken to them since.) and even fewer who are no longer of this world.
I'm sure as the years go by, I'm going to have more people enter my life. Some, no doubt, will be wonderful individuals who will make my life a little brighter by being true to themselves and actually liking me for who I am. And hopefully *fingers crossed* those wolves in sheeps' clothing will keep way the hell away from me. Truth be told, I doubt the latter will happen but I can hope, right? Right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment