Around '98, while I was still in college, this friend of a friend who claimed to be a druid as well as a psychic, predicted that I had only six years to live. Obviously, that little shit was wrong because here I am sixteen years later and still kicking. Now don't get me wrong. This doesn't mean I'm going to pick up a sword and claim that I'm the last of the highlanders. I'm no fool. I'll die one day like everyone else. But despite seeing a very bleak future, I'm going to do my absolute best to hang around for my wonderful girlfriend, family and friends. Love you, guys!
I love you too! :)
ReplyDeleteMy girlie girl. :)
ReplyDelete"Despite seeing a very bleak future" - what would be a promising future? Having family who loves you no matter what? Having a girlfriend who loves you no matter what? Having interests and talents throughout your life? You have all this and more. If there are things in your life that you feel are holding you down, or causing you pain, change them. If it's your job, look for another one. If it's your life in general, figure out how to change it. You're an intelligent man. You can do this.
ReplyDeleteLove you Mum
I was referring to the world's bleak future actually. Bickering governments, religious wars, and pollution are what is slowly killing this planet. It makes me wonder how the state of the world will be when Christian and Taylor grow up. I really don't want them (or anyone else for that matter) to have to deal with the shit that started when people stopped caring about everything but themselves.
ReplyDeleteA promising future would be people noticing the state of things and are willing to do what it takes to make a change. Some individuals are doing that right now. But there is still the vast majority who are blind or in denial about what's going on. What's it going to take to open up their eyes?
ReplyDelete