My birthday is just around the corner and usually during that time I take a moment an reflect on my life. This time will be no different. The same questions keep popping up and I sometimes wonder if I'm any further along than I was the previous year. Today, I think it's only a tiny bit. I think the reason is because I have a tendency to become distracted over trivial things. The more I mull it over the more I think that we're all like this. We have so much potential in us but instead we get caught up in the moment; arguing over things that amount to nothing and focusing all our attention on illusions just to take our minds off our unhappy lives. We're born, we grow old, we get sick, and we eventually die. Somewhere in all that truth (for lack of a better word), we have to come to terms with who we are, figure out what the most important things in our lives should be and strive to make everything better.
With all that said, here's to another year of attempting to do just that. *clink*
No comments:
Post a Comment