So, my birthday’s rolling right around the corner (The 6th of August in case you’re wondering) and I feel so-so about it. Not the age part mind you. I don’t care about that. It’s just a number to me. But another year has passed and of course, it’ll be the inevitable contemplation of what I did during that time. I mean, did I make the most of it? Now that I think about it, it’s highly unlikely. I won’t go into the negativity part. Fuck that. Don’t need to be depressed. I’d rather focus on the positive:
1. I’ve been doing well on trying to improve myself mentally. Believe me when I say that I’ve come a long way from what I used to be.
2. Slowly but surely getting back into meditation again.
3. FINALLY started going back to art. It’s going rather slowly at the moment because I’m either too tired or simply unfocused. Still, doing stuff here and there is better than nothing at all.
4. Trying to improve myself physically. A person never realizes how much crap they eat and drink until they look at store receipts. I rarely drink pop now and I also cut waaaaay back on eating fast food (The latter also helped my bank account immensely!).
5. Better about spending money. Yeah, I still cave in from time to time. Especially if I’m depressed and want to get something to cheer me up. But now, I find myself putting things back on the shelf more or just going “Don’t need it.” Again this has done wonders for my bank account.
Well, that’s all I can think of right now. Unfortunately, I must go and do the ho-hum chore of laundry. Bleh.
Till next time, kiddies.
No comments:
Post a Comment