Thursday, October 4, 2012

Years ago, I could never understand why someone would want to be removed from society to live a quiet isolated life. Now, I see things a bit differently. While I still do have faith in humanity as a whole, sometimes I wonder if we're ever going to grow or devolve. There's too many people these days that are only for themselves. Even to the point of ignoring a serious problem. Some woman getting beaten on by her husband? Maybe an old man getting robbed and then stabbed? Nope. Not my problem. Or "I don't want to get involved." I really sickens me to see this. And it’s becoming more of a problem as each year passes by. When did being a good neighbor and standing up for what's right get thrown out the window?

These days, we also seem to live by the gun. While I support people’s rights to protect themselves, it’s gotten to the point of shoot first and ask questions later. Get into an argument with someone? Or perhaps you think the person next door with a different religion is secretly out to get you? Better shoot them before they shoot you. Dialogue? A waste of time. The answer is nothing but bullets and blood. The more, the better.*

The more of this I see, the more I feel estranged from the rest of humanity. It’s almost as though they are a different species of animal...

...

...

Chances are I won’t be living alone in the woodlands where the nearing human being is many miles away but at least, I know I can relate to people who live this kind of life.

*Sarcasm sometimes translates horribly on here but I believe many of you who know me realize when I'm being sarcastic. Especially on a couple of sentences in the above paragraphs. For those who don't, please don't get those visions in your head of me becoming nutty and going terminator on innocent people whilst you’re dialing 911 on your cell phone. I don't agree with violence. I have no desire to hurt anyone and as far a I know, I'm not crazy (Though some of my co-workers might disagree.). So relax.