Tuesday, December 18, 2012

An Unnamed Child, Dreams, And the Cruelty of the Void...

Trying to come up with a title for a new artistic project of mine has been a huge pain in the ass. I’ve tried mulling over it, I’ve tried not thinking at all about it (sometimes names just spring up out of no where.) and I had even hoped that the name would miraculous spring up from dreams but to no avail. It’s quite frustrating really. I’m sure someone out there is thinking that maybe I could just start my endeavor first and worry about the name later but I have a very hard time doing that. A really good name can give an artist a ton of inspiration, something I need plenty of these days. As to the project in question, I’m going to keep mum about it for the time being.

On a completely different note, I had a rather strange dream this morning. Most of the details I’ve forgotten already but there was one part I managed to salvage from the void.

I was walking down a darkened hallway and at the very end I spied a waist high pedestal with a regular sized, hand held mirror on top. The mirror’s facing was mostly covered with a grey cloth with just a hint of the reflective surface showing. For reasons unknown, I decided to lift off the material to see what image would appear. This proved to be a mistake. A feeling of dread quickly overwhelmed me and in fear I dropped the cloth back onto the mirror. Then a second later in an act of bravery, curiosity, or stupidity (you pick one), I decided to lift up the covering again because I just had to see what image would be revealed to me.

This is where things became fuzzy because I honestly don’t remember the outcome. Did I wake up? Did the dream shift gears to something else? It's about as frustrating as finishing up a novel only to discover that the last chapter is missing...

No comments:

Post a Comment