Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Summoning of Lost Spirits (Day 1)

My first goal was too actually write some music today but it turned into more of getting back to knowing my guitar again. Not only was I incredibly rusty but also had to deal with trying to do song structure again. And if that wasn't enough, my right wrist was starting to get sore from the way the hand was positioned on the fret board. I'm hoping the issue stems from not being used to having it that way for a long period of time. If it isn't, I foresee a lot of problems down the road. One of which never being able to play any kind of live music again. I'll have to see how it goes.

Lyric wise, it hasn't been a problem. I dug through some old songs and came up with two good possibilities. One was song I had originally planned on Hexe Haus' first album which never came into being (The Return of Winter) and the second one was something I had come up with for another project altogether called "Like Blood On Fallen Snow."

I admit I'm pretty anxious to get the ball rolling but I know deep down trying to rush things won't help me create something I can be proud of. I want to be 100% satisfied with this recording, something I never achieved with my past music.

No comments:

Post a Comment